Join as Core Participant in the Structured Democratic Dialogues
Before you proceed to the Application Form you must ensure that:
- You fulfill the requirements for a Core Participant; read below
- You have prepared everything you need for the Application
Five things you need to have before you proceed to the Application
- Download the project flyer and study it carefully
- Download IdeaPrism™ and contribute at least 1 idea in the Dialogue: Reinventing Democracy for Applicants
- Secure 10 shadow participants; have their full names, at least one affiliation and their emails handy
- Secure support from at least 3 Civil Society Organizations or other Youth NGOs or peoples’ initiatives
- Identify (ideally secure support) national media: at least one web-based, one paper newspaper, one radio and one TV station. Have website, name of a person in charge, role and telephone handy.
Who can apply
Anyone from across the world can apply to participate in our Structured Democratic Dialogues
The dialogues will be week-long and will take place in five regions of the globe as follows:
Preliminary planning for location and time of the SDDs
|Region||Approximate Month||Proposed Location|
|European Initiative||8||Platres, Cyprus|
|Euroasian Initiative||14||Japan or Indonesia|
|Middle Eastern Initiative||15||Cyprus|
It is best to apply in a region that is nearby the location of the dialogue implementation, although this is not absolutely obligatory. Applicants may apply as individuals and/or as representatives of NGOs and/or informal groups or other initiatives, as representatives of formal education, and/or non-formal & administrative bodies working with youth such as youth workers.
- Age: 18-30 years
- Two years professional/ volunteer experience in a non-profit, for-profit or hybrid organisation working in related matters
- Have a very good level of both spoken and written English
- Strong communication skills as evidenced by a short video clip submitted with the application
- Willingness and ability to promote your message using modern media communication technologies as evidenced by previous examples submitted with the application and/or written confirmation by media organizations willing to support your activities
- Leadership in your respective community as evidenced by letters of support from CSOs, NGOs, Youth organizations and/or other initiatives willing to support your future actions
How to prepare and upload your video
Your application should be accompanied with a short video clip in which you present yourself and also explain the reason you want to participate, your own aspirations and ideas concerning the envisioning and designing of new systems of participatory systems of governance.
While preparing your clip keep the following questions in mind:
- Who am I? Where do I come from? How old I am? What do I do now? Where in my life am I?
- Things you did that are relevant to this project and indicate your commitment and experience
- Who is supporting you or how are you going to secure support from those around you. Tell us about your access to organized civil society and media especially
- How will you keep your 10 shadow participants engaged and active?
- If you already have some ideas for action mention them
Successful Core Participant applicants must demonstrate certain abilities
- Their ability to identify and secure 10 shadow participants who will contribute with their ideas to the objectives of the project through social media and ICT-based technologies
- Contribute ideas using IdeaPrism™, social media, ICT-based technologies
- Demonstrate support from at least 3 Civil Society Organizations or other Youth NGOs or peoples’ initiatives
- Demonstrate access and support by media organizations
The participation begins a few months before the implementation of the actual Structured Democratic Dialogue and continues throughout and life time of the project and hopefully well beyond.
Committed participants are expected to:
- Participate in the respective regional Structured Democratic Dialogue Co-Laboratory
- Participate in 3 or more Regional Webinars and two Global Webinars
- Produce at least a few YouTube™ video clips explaining their own contributions to the project and justifying the need to reinvent democracy
- Provide their feedback and possible edits for the collectively authored e-book about the project
- Provide their feedback and possible edits for the collectively authored Manifesto for 21st Century Democracy: Requirements of a New System of Democracy
- Create and implement regional plans for action
Accommodation, food, and workshop material are provided for in full; however, you are expected to contribute towards your traveling expenses.
Weights of the main Selection Criteria
|2||Age: young people 18 – 30 years old||15|
|4||Years of relevant experience or/and prior relevant activities||10|
|5||Potential for organizing follow-up activities||10|
|6||Belonging to associations with wide networks||5|
|8||Reliability / Commitment||5|
|9||Country of origin / nationality||5|
|10||Availability of sponsors||10|
|11||Uninterrupted access to social networking||5|